BÖHLER S600 – "The high-speed steel" Ideal for mills, spiral bits, and taps, broaches, cold-work tools. BÖHLER S600 is the most commonly used high-speed steel and is the starting material for our customers who deal with high-speed steel.
Tungsten-alloyed molybdenum high-speed steel with high hardness, excellent cutting properties, outstanding compressive strength, high hot hardness, and good toughness.
|Compressive strength||Grindability||Red hardness||Toughness||Wear resistance|
|1.3343||HS6-5-2C||AISI: ~ M2 reg.C, STN: 19 830|
Chemical composition (average %)
- Broaches and Reamers
- Cold Forming / Coining
- Fine Blanking / Blanking / Stamping
- Food processing Ind.
- Gear Cutting, Shaving and Shaping Tools
- Injection Components
- Oth. Automotive components (Turbochargers, Piston Rings, Sensors, etc.)
- Powder Pressing
- Shearing / Machine Knives
- Special Cutting Tools
- Standard Parts (Molds, Plates, Pins, Punches)
- Twist Drills and Taps
- Wear parts